Sunday, April 30, 2017

There's More & There's Less

And just like that our first weekend is over.  He's sleeping. We are ready to crash.  The weekend went by so quickly and yet it feels like there are more hours in the day now - which makes sense because I don't think I've seen 5:30 am on a Saturday in years!!  We had our first play-date.  It's funny because play-dates are a thing that I grieved when we found out we wouldn't be having kids naturally.  I had always assumed I would get together with friends and our kids would get to play together.  This Saturday morning meant so much to me and, more importantly, our little dude had a blast! We went to Target later in the day and that's when it really started to hit me.  The image I always had in my head - pushing a shopping cart while talking to a little kid, keeping them from grabbing shoes off the shelf, and trying to remember why we walked in the door - was happening. It's funny because to everyone else we probably just looked like a Mom and kid shopping for shoes and shorts; but to me it was a dream come true.  It's a funny thing isn't it?  How a dream can be something as simple as singing silly songs while walking through the toddler clothes section of a crazy busy store. 

Tomorrow is the start of our second week with him.  This week is going to be a busy one. We've organized our drop-offs and our pick-ups. We have a WIC appointment and a pediatrician appointment - both in the same town, on different days (of course).  We have mostly early nights, with one or two that might stretch past bedtime. We will certainly continue with our early mornings.  This week will be nothing like last week. This is because there is now more and less of things in our life. Here's what I mean - 

There is less junk food and more family meals.

There is less cleaning and more exploring.

There is less arguing and more laughing.

There is less food on the floor and more food in the dogs' bellies.

There is less worrying about "getting it all done" and more time spent figuring out ring stackers and puzzles.

There's less TV and more music and singing.

There's less sitting on the couch and more playing on the floor.

There is less talk of my schedule and your schedule and more talk of our schedule.

There is less alone time for Justin and I, but there is more family time for all three of us.  

There is less waiting for dinner and more hand holding between "cousins".

There are more hugs, more kisses, more cuddles, more love, and more dreams coming true.


There is less and there is more - and it's everything that's making our life complete. 


Ollivander is waiting patiently for more treats. 



Holding hands with his "cousin" at dinner on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fostering Our Family Tree: Hello. DCF Calling!!

Fostering Our Family Tree: Hello. DCF Calling!! : I got a call from my FRW at 3:40 on Friday night - the Friday before July 4th weekend. Her...